Daniel E. Ashmore is a senior partner with the Rapid City law firm of Gunderson, Palmer, Nelson & Ashmore, LLP where he practices in the areas of Insurance Defense; Workers' Compensation; Civil Litigation; Bad Faith Defense; Construction Law; Product Liability Defense; and Personal Injury.
He received his Juris Doctor Degree from the University of South Dakota School of Law and is licensed to practice law in South Dakota and North Dakota. Dan has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA- America's Leading Lawyers, The 20th edition of Best Lawyers in United States for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Labor & Employment and Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, 2012 Great Plains Super Lawyers List, and was past Chairman of the South Dakota State Bar Workers' Compensation Committee. Dan was additionally named Best Lawyers' 2013 Rapid City Bet-the-Company Litigation "Lawyer of the Year".
Dan is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Defense Research Institute, South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, South Dakota & North Dakota State Bar Associations, and the Pennington County Bar Association. Martindale-Hubbell Rating- AV.
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Super Lawyers’ 2017 Great Plains Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America as 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in the practice area of Insurance Law in Rapid City.
- Defense Research Institute
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- State Bar of South Dakota - Past Commissioner
- American Bar Association
- Pennington County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State of South Dakota - 1979
- State of North Dakota - 1997
- Law School
University of South Dakota, J.D., with honors - 1979
University of South Dakota, B.S., Business Administration - 1977