Stacy was raised in Fort Pierre, South Dakota. She attended South Dakota State University where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Sociology and a minor in Criminal Justice. Stacy then pursued her law degree at the University of South Dakota where she graduated with Sterling Honors.
Returning home to the Pierre-Fort Pierre community, Stacy began her legal career working as a law clerk for Justice Steven L. Zinter of the South Dakota Supreme Court. After serving as a law clerk, she was a staff attorney for the South Dakota Department of Revenue from 2013–2018. In 2018, Stacy became an Assistant Attorney General for the South Dakota Attorney General’s office. In these roles with the Department and the Attorney General’s Office, Stacy specialized in tax litigation and Indian law matters. She represented the State before the Office of Hearing Examiners; United States Department of Interior—Interior Board of Indian Appeals; South Dakota Circuit Courts; South Dakota Supreme Court; United States Federal District Court—District of South Dakota; and the United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Stacy and her husband, Jeff, have four children. Outside of work, Stacy enjoys spending time on the Missouri River and cheering on her SDSU Jackrabbits. At Gunderson, Palmer, Nelson & Ashmore, LLP, we’re glad to have Stacy’s legal knowledge and experience on our team.
- Law School: University of South Dakota State Law, J.D., Sterling Honors - 2012
- Undergraduate School: South Dakota State University, B.S. Sociology, minor in Criminal Justice
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 2012
- United States District Court, District of South Dakota
- United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Lower Brule Tribal Court - 2020
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar
- Central SD Teen Court; Volunteer
- Flying Five Foundation; Board Member
- Pierre Chamber of Commerce