Stacy was raised in Fort Pierre, South Dakota. After obtaining her undergraduate degree at South Dakota State University, Stacy pursued her law degree at the University of South Dakota, where she graduated with Sterling Honors. She then returned home to the Pierre-Fort Pierre community, beginning her legal career as a law clerk for Justice Steven L. Zinter of the South Dakota Supreme Court. After serving as a law clerk, Stacy was an attorney for the South Dakota Department of Revenue from 2013 to 2018. In 2018, she became an Assistant Attorney General for the South Dakota Attorney General’s office. In these roles with the Department and the Attorney General’s Office, Stacy specialized in tax litigation and tribal law matters. She represented the State before the South Dakota Circuit Courts; South Dakota Supreme Court; United States Federal District Court - District of South Dakota; United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals; South Dakota Office of Hearing Examiners; and the United States Department of Interior—Interior Board of Indian Appeals.
Since joining the Gunderson, Palmer, Nelson, and Ashmore law firm, Stacy has represented her clients in varying capacities that range from business transactions to complex litigation. Stacy’s approach in every situation is to understand her clients’ situation and goals and to help them develop a comprehensive plan to achieve the desired outcomes. By remaining client and outcome focused, Stacy can most effectively advocate for her clients’ interests.
Stacy and her husband, Jeff, have four children. Outside work, Stacy enjoys spending time with her family on the Missouri River and cheering for her SDSU Jackrabbits.
- University of South Dakota State, Juris Doctor, Sterling Honors - 2012
- South Dakota State University, Bachelor of Science, Sociology, minor in Criminal Justice
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota
- United States District Court, District of South Dakota
- United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Lower Brule Tribal Court
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court
- Oglala Sioux Tribal Court
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar
- Central SD Teen Court; Volunteer
- Flying Five Foundation; Board Member
- Pierre Chamber of Commerce
- Federal Practice Committee for the District of South Dakota
- Fort Pierre Chamber of Commerce