In addition to work at both the state and federal trial court level, she has litigated and argued in front of the South Dakota Supreme Court and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has had the opportunity to first chair multiple civil jury trials as well as lengthy arbitrations. She also advises various municipalities and is the City Attorney for the City of Hill City in South Dakota.
Katie was born and raised in Rapid City, South Dakota. She attended the University of South Dakota and graduated with honors, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Spanish. Following her graduation, she moved to Phoenix, Arizona to pursue her law degree. After graduating Summa Cum Laude, Katelyn decided to return home to the Black Hills, joining GPNA in 2015.
In her spare time, Katie sits on various boards both in Rapid City and within the South Dakota State Bar. Katie has two children and enjoys photography, hiking, and cooking. She is a die-hard St. Louis Cardinal fan and loves to travel whenever she gets the opportunity.
Certified Litigation Paralegal
- Arizona Summit Law School, Juris Doctor, Summa Cum Laude - 2015
- University of South Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry and Spanish, Honors Scholar - 2011
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 2015
- South Dakota Federal District Court - 2016
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Federal Claims - 2023
- Junior Achievement; Chair of the Board
- Rapid City Collective Impact; Emerging Leader
- Leadership Rapid City; Graduate, 2019
- Visit Rapid City, Board Member
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star"
- Fighting for Fido: An Analysis of Arizona Animal Cruelty Laws and the Legal Status of Animals