Katelyn was born and raised in Rapid City, South Dakota. She attended the University of South Dakota and graduated with honors, receiving a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Spanish. Following her graduation, she moved to Phoenix, Arizona to pursue her law degree. After graduating Summa Cum Laude, Katelyn and her husband Trevor decided to return home to the Black Hills.
Katelyn and Trevor have two children and enjoy hiking with their dog. She is a die-hard St. Louis Cardinal fan and loves to travel whenever she gets the opportunity.
- Law School: Arizona Summit Law School, J.D., Summa Cum Laude - 2015
- Undergraduate School: University of South Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry and Spanish, Honors Scholar - 2011
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 2015
- South Dakota Federal District Court - 2016
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Junior Achievement; Chair of the Board
- Rapid City Collective Impact; Emerging Leader
- Leadership Rapid City; Graduate, 2019
- Visit Rapid City; Board Member
- Fighting for Fido: An Analysis of Arizona Animal Cruelty Laws and the Legal Status of Animals