Cris is in the Best Lawyers of America, Super Lawyers of the Great Plains, Chambers USA First Tier Lawyers, and Corporate Counsel Edition Super Lawyers as recognized in Litigation. Cris has served as president of the State Bar of South Dakota and the president of the South Dakota chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and a member of the National Board of Directors of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
Cris is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of South Dakota, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and The International Society of Barristers.
Cris earned his B.A. from South Dakota State University and his J.D. from the University of South Dakota School of Law.
Advanced Certified Paralegal
- University of South Dakota, J.D.
- South Dakota State University, B.A.
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 1974
- Phi Delta Phi
- Adjunct Professor, "Settlement and Negotiations." University of South Dakota
- President of State Bar of South Dakota from 2006 to 2007
- Chairman of South Dakota Board of Pardons and Parole
- Pennington County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chairman of South Dakota Judicial Qualifications Commission
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- President of The American Board of Trial Advocates South Dakota Chapter 2010
Honors and Recognition
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2005, including recognition in Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers “Great Plains Super Lawyers,” 2017