Cris is listed in the Best Lawyers of America, Super Lawyers of the Great Plains, Chambers USA First Tier Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Edition Super Lawyers as recognized in Litigation. Cris has served as president of the State Bar of South Dakota and the president of the South Dakota chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Cris is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of South Dakota. He is also a member of South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, South Dakota Council of School Attorneys, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Defense Research Institute and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Cris earned his B.A. from South Dakota State University and received his J.D. from the University of South Dakota School of Law.
Advanced Certified Paralegal
- Law School: University of South Dakota, J.D. - 1974
- Undergraduate School: South Dakota State University, B.A. - 1971
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 1974
- Phi Delta Phi
- Adjunct Professor, "Settlement and Negotiations." University of South Dakota
- State Bar of South Dakota; Commissioner, 1983–1986; Disciplinary Board, 1996–2002; President, 2006–2007
- South Dakota Board of Pardons and Parole; Member, 1991–1997; Chair, 1993–1997
- Pennington County Bar Association; President,1985
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- South Dakota Council of School Attorneys
- South Dakota Judicial Qualifications Commission; 2004–2011
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association; Board of Directors, 1995–1998; Secretary,1998
- The American Board of Trial Advocates; Secretary-Treasurer, 2005–2006; Vice President, 2006–2007; President, 2007–2008
Honors and Recognition
- Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2005, including recognition in Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers “Great Plains Super Lawyers,” 2017