Talbot earned his Bachelor of Science in Commercial Economics with a minor in Mathematics from South Dakota State University. He received his law degree with honors from the University of South Dakota. Prior to law school, Talbot worked in the South Dakota Governor's Office and ran a bond referendum campaign in Sioux Falls.
Talbot is a member of the State Bar of South Dakota. He has been elected as a Delegate for the South Dakota State Republican Convention in several election cycles and acted as the Convention parliamentarian three times.
He is an AV Preeminent Peer Review rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Administrative/Regulatory Law, Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law.
Talbot currently serves on the Rapid City Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, and the Meade County Commission. He has previously served on Black Hills Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors, Western South Dakota Red Cross Board, the Rapid City Parking Advisory Committee, Piedmont Valley Sanitary Planning Group, Meade County Planning Board, and the South Dakota State Bar Disciplinary Board.
- Law School: University of South Dakota J.D., with honors - 1991
- Undergraduate School: South Dakota State University, B.S. Commercial Economics and Mathematics - 1985
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 1991
- Oglala Sioux Tribal Court - 1995
- Pennington County Bar Association
- State Bar of South Dakota; Disciplinary Board Member, 2003–2009; South Dakota Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Pennington County Republican Ambassadors; Chairman, 2004, 2010
- Piedmont Valley Water & Sewer; Board Member, 1995–2000; Chairman, 1998–2000
- South Dakota State Republican Convention; Parliamentarian, 2008
- South Dakota State Republican Convention; Delegate, 2008
- City of Piedmont; City Attorney, 2008–Present
Honors and Recognition
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for his work in Administrative / Regulatory Law, Commercial Litigation, and Corporate Law.