Donald P. Knudsen is a partner with Gunderson, Palmer, Nelson & Ashmore, LLP. He practices primarily in the areas of Employment Law, Governmental Law, School Law, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination and Personal Injury.
Don specializes in litigation and has extensive trial experience. In addition, Don has argued appeals before the South Dakota Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and has filed and defended petitions for certiorari in the Supreme Court of the United States. Don is admitted to practice in South Dakota, U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Pennington County Bar Association
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for his work in Municipal Litigation (Don has been recognized by his peers since 2007).
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Practice Rules Revision Committee
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- South Dakota Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- WHO'S WHO of Worldclass Professionals
- South Dakota State Courts - 1987
- United States District Court - District of South Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals - Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Law School
University of South Dakota, J.D. - 1987
Augustana College, B.S. - 1981
- Author: "Inequities and Abuses of Death Qualification: Causes and Cures," 32 South Dakota L. Rev. 281 (1987).
Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Manzano v. South Dakota Dept. of Social Services, 60 F.3d 505 (8th Cir. 1995)
- Liebe v. Norton, 157 F.3d 574 (8th Cir. 1998)
- Yellow Horse v. Pennington County, 225 F.3d 923 (8th Cir. 2000)