Chris grew up in Plymouth, Wisconsin and moved to Rapid City in 2000. After graduating from Stevens High School in 2003, he attended the University of Minnesota. In 2007, he earned a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and History. Chris returned to South Dakota in 2009 to attend law school. While in law school, Chris interned at the Pennington County State Attorney’s office and studied comparative law in China. He graduated from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2012.
Prior to practicing law, Chris was active in his family’s business, which involves hotel operations and development. Chris is an active member of the Pennington County Bar Association, Young Professionals Group of Rapid City, and is a Member of Leadership Rapid City, class of 2015. The Pennington County Bar Association recognized Chris as the 2018 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year. Chris is also co-chair of the South Dakota State Bar's Ask-A-Lawyer program.
Outside of work, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, hiking, biking, reading, and traveling when he can.
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Juris Doctor - 2012
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor's of Science in Political Science and History - 2007
Admitted to the Bar
- State of South Dakota - 2013
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals - 2022
- Pennington County Bar Association; former President
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals Group of Rapid City
- Leadership Rapid City; Graduate, 2015
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star"
Honors and Recognition
- Pennington County Bar Association’s “Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year,” 2018