Our attorneys have extensive experience in estate planning for individuals from all walks of life. Whether it is a straight-forward will, complex tax planning, asset protection, nursing home planning, or transitioning a business to the next generation, we have attorneys who specialize in those areas. We monitor and respond promptly to changing tax laws, and work in concert with our clients' other advisors to ensure our clients’ estate plans are tailored to their circumstances. High net worth individuals and families have trusted our attorneys with their sophisticated tax, gift, and estate planning matters for decades.
Some of our services include:
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney
- Estate planning is more than just document drafting, and at our initial meeting you will understand why. Our attorneys have significant experience in minimizing gift and estate taxes, income taxes, and generation-skipping transfer taxes both during life and after death. Premarital agreements, transfer on death deeds, children’s trusts, and asset-titling may also be an imperative part of a client’s plan.
- Probate and Estate Administration
- When a loved one dies, it is important to meet with an experienced attorney regarding what happens next. We frequently assist personal representatives (executors), trustees, and boards of directors in navigating estate and business administration and transition. We can also advocate for heirs and beneficiaries. Finality is the goal of our process.
- Elder Law and Long Term Care Planning
- It is important to remove the mystery associated with elder care. The client’s goals are paramount, and it is crucial for the elder and their family to know the ever-changing options regarding asset protection, Medicaid, and how to maintain the best quality of life.
- Charitable Planning
- There are many options in charitable planning. We counsel cutting edge charitable giving techniques, including the formation and operation of charitable trusts, donor advised funds, private foundations, and the granting of conservation easements.